Check the date of written decision/notification from your county or township - the appeal must be filed within 30 days to be considered.
Your appeal form:
- Must be completed in its entirety,
- contain the basis of your appeal, and
- provide evidence to substantiate your claim.
In general, residential appeals where a change of less than $100,000 in assessed value is sought can use comparable properties (similar in age, construction, location and square footage) or an appraisal.
For commercial and industrial appeals, an appraisal is recommended.
- Assessment Year appeals BEFORE 2016: submit 3 copies of completed form; 2 copies of board of review final decision OR 2 copies of a favorable prior PTAB decision; and 2 copies of all evidence. For assessment changes of $100,000 or more, submit all evidence in triplicate.
- Assessment Year appeals for 2016 and AFTER: submit 1 copy EACH of completed form; board of review final decision OR a favorable prior PTAB decision; and all evidence. If the total documentation is 500 pages or more, you must submit three collated sets of the documents.
eFiling is a government system for official PTAB business only. All activities of users of this system for any purpose, and all access attempts, may be recorded and monitored by persons authorized by Illinois and federal law for improper use, protection of system security, the performance of maintenance, and for appropriate management by the PTAB of its systems. Users expressly consent to monitoring their use of the system and to official access to data reviewed and created by them on the system. If evidence of unlawful activity is discovered, including unauthorized access attempts, it may be reported to law enforcement officials.
Once you have all of your information ready, visit the eFiling system to file your appeal electronically.